The Best Valentine's Gift: Flowers


I love flowers. I could look at flowers and pictures of them all day. I'm not a big Valentine's person, but I would love a bouquet for Valentine's if I had a significant other. So I thought it would be cute for me to share my love of pretty pictures of flowers with the internet as well as my non-existent knowledge of botany.
via marvels.tk
via weheartit.com
Different colours are nice (via the-city-never-sleepsss.tumblr.com)

Hearts are a thing, right? (via weheartit.com)
Above are roses. I hope you knew that already. They are the flower of romance and come in a variety of colours. Girls really like roses and they tend to be expensive for this particular reason. Just don't give a significant other yellow roses because that's the rose of friendship and that would be like friend-zoning them without actually saying it. Embarrassing.

Below are lilies. I think lilies are the prettiest flowers ever, especially colourful ones. The only thing is, they don't have the nicest smell.  

via gallerylefey.tumblr.com
via weheartit.com

Carnations are another very popular flower. They're similar to roses but are fluffier and don't have the sleekness and simplicity that roses do. They're kind of like really bad imitations of roses and therefore much cheaper. Every year at my school the graduating class sells carnations and you're supposed to buy them to be sent to your hunny.
via heaven-through-nature.tumblr.com
via raoulpop.tumblr.com


Tulips are a beautiful flower for bouquets and they're not expensive. Depending on where in the world you live, I think tulips and spring weather might be on the verge of blooming in some places. They're simple and will liven up any space as well as any girl's heart. They let your baby know that they can make it out of these disgustingly cold winter days.
Don't have enough money for 100 red roses? Get your babe a bouquet of tulips and ask your florist to add a few pink, red or white roses to the mix. (via weheartit.com)
all-weekend.tumblr.com

I could go on and on about pretty flowers any girl would be lucky to get on Valentine's Day but I won't. Instead I will tell you this: most girls like flowers at any time of the year, but especially during Valentine's. If you wanna keep your girl, get her some flowers. They don't have to be expensive. You don't have to go all out for this overrated holiday. Just a few flowers and a nice note will suffice. And if you aren't male (which, if you're reading my blog, you're probably not) and just like looking at flowers that your invisible boyfriend will never buy you, well then cheers to you!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Powered by Blogger.