Chai/ Winter-y Granola Recipe

A few weeks ago I found a recipe for Overnight Chai Oats here. When I first pinned it, I didn't realize that it was a recipe for oatmeal. I don't like oatmeal and was looking for a recipe for granola when I found this. The idea of chai sounded so alluring and exactly what I was looking for in a granola recipe- sweet with warm spices and not anything chocolate. I decided to try making this recipe, with some modifications and in granola form.


Personally, I think cooking is a very personal matter. How you want things to taste depends on what you like and the tastes of those you are serving. That's why I don't measure unless I have to scoop stuff and I try my own ideas and modifications so that I like the taste of what I cook for myself and loved ones. Therefore, I don't measure. And this recipe could be incredibly inaccurate and might not work if you try it. I have warned you. Now for the recipe:

Ingredients: *All Approximate Measurements. (See above paragraph.) 
1 1/2- 2 cups quick cooking oats
1/2-1 tsp. almond extract
1/2-1 tsp. vanilla extract
Sprinkle of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg (I put a bit more cinnamon on than the other spices)
~ 2-3 tbsp. maple syrup
~ 1 tbsp. brown sugar
~ 1/4 cup shredded coconut
~ 1/4 cup pecans

How To Make It:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Prep baking sheet by placing parchment paper on it.
3. Evenly distribute oats, coconut and pecans on baking sheet.
4. Pour maple syrup over it in zig zag patterns. Evenly pour/sprinkle almond and vanilla extracts, spices and brown sugar over oat mixture. Gently swish around mixture with wooden spoon to evenly distribute flavours. Pour a bit more maple syrup over it in zig zags so that they stick together and make bunches.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Keep a careful watch on it. I baked mine for about 18 minutes.
6. Cool and keep in mason jar. Serve on top of Cornflakes or Cheerios with a sprinkle of brown sugar or with fruit.

This recipe makes for such a flavourful and healthy breakfast. I think it would be good with chopped apples and cinnamon or brown sugar.

Granola + Corn Flakes + Tiniest bit of brown sugar

1 comments:

  1. Omnomnomnom! :3
    I love overnight oats! :D

    www.amiciarai.com

    ReplyDelete

Pages

Powered by Blogger.