Write a Letter as Santa Telling an Elf That He's Fired (Writing Prompt)

Dear Zelly,

I hear that you had a jolly good time at the elfies' annual bash to kick off the holiday season. All you elfies know that I am always weary year after year about this party but I continue to allow you to throw the party as you all always have fun and little trouble is ever caused. I know that this time of year is extremely stressful at the toy shop and that once in awhile we all need a break. But this year's party seemed to be a little different.

I know that you may not be fully responsible for all of these incidents but to the best of my knowledge you caused the biggest ruckus. (I also saw the videos on facebook and youtube. By the way, 200000 hits already, that's rather impressive Zelly.) Besides, I have the job of putting every kid in the world on the naughty and nice list. I have security cameras and spies everywhere in the world so don't think I didn't see what you were doing the other night.

What I'm getting to Zelly, is that you are fired. You will now have to go work for Black Peter, making and delivering coal for all of eternity. I'm firing you because of her outrageous, irresponsible and disrespectful behavior at the annual elfie party. Not only did you get very drunk off of eggnog but you also drove your sleigh home and hit one of my reindeer on the way to your cottage. I hope you are aware that though Dasher has since recovered he had a broken ankle and all of his hoofs were cracked. You were one of my favourite toy makers but now I'm very disappointed in you. I had high hopes for you, Zelly. I was hoping to promote you if you continued to show your passion and articulate craftsmanship for making toys over the holiday season. But, alas, that will not be happening.

I hope Black Peter will treat you half decently.

Sincerely,
Santa Claus
Superior Director and International Gift Distributor
Claus Christmas Toy Shop and Distributors International Ltd. 


Hey ya'll,
I hope you enjoyed this wonderful writing prompt. I like writing prompts normally but I absolutely love Christmas ones. This one is actually one I remember one of my grade school teachers doing with my class and I thought it would be nice to re-visit it. I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday season that's not to stressful.
Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Powered by Blogger.