Majestic Caramel Making

via intimateweddings.com
Yesterday I did all of my Christmas baking. I made my usual favourite: peanut butter balls or buckeyes, but I also tried my hand at candy making for the first time. I tried a caramel recipe that I found in a Martha Stewart magazine and it turned out so well. Besides the incredible fact that it actually turned out okay without using a candy thermometer, I realized how magical the process of making candy is.

I put in some heavy cream, corn syrup, butter and sugar in a pot and boiled it. Somehow during it became the luxurious, warm colour of caramel. It's rich aroma seeped up from the pot as I stirred it. It started as this white liquid and became a brown, fragrant and bubbling pot of candy. How did this happen? Must have been magic.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a lovely Christmas. I see you like me are a member of the BloggerChallenge2014. I have followed you and can't wait to read your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Pages

Powered by Blogger.