Best of 2013- Beauty and Fashion

Hello all and welcome to the third and final segment of the Best of 2013: The Beauty and Fashion edition. So without further adieu, here are my overall beauty and fashion faves of 2013.

I cannot live without mascara. This summer I discovered Covergirl's Professional All-in-One Mascara in black. It gives bigger, dark, volumous lashes without being over the top or smudgy.


This summer I also discovered Covergirl's Clean Whipped Creme Foundation in #305. I really like the texture of the whipped foundation as it makes a little go a long way. I've used it almost everyday since July and I still have a ton left and it only ever had 18 mL in it. It's definitely very economical. I use it as a concealer under foundation or as a light foundation with some pressed powder. Speaking of pressed powder, I've also discovered Rimmel London's Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder in #003 Natural. It's one of the few beauty products that has given me the exact results the package said it would. 















I've also found some amazing cleansers this year. One of them being St. Ives' Green Tea Acne Cleanser. I use it most mornings and every night. It feels like a nice, sudsy soap when you wash it off with warm water. When I don't use that cleanser in the morning, I use Clean & Clear's Morning Burst Skin Brightening Facial Scrub. It has caffeine in it and is a good pick me up on those mornings when you need something extra to wake up. It's also really good if you feel really greasy, sweaty or just didn't have time to shower, so I often use it after working out or cooking in a hot kitchen for a few hours.
via 5thvillage.com

via musingsofamuse.com



















I don't really use a regular shampoo or conditioner. I just use whatever my mom happened to pick me up at the store. One day she picked up Herbal Essences' Body Envy Shampoo and I fell in love with it. Though, my hair does not need extra volume, it makes my hair feel really light, making it easier for me to blow dry and straighten. I also picked up Garnier Fructis' Grapefruit Tonic Fortifying Conditioner for myself. This stuff smells so good and also works really well with my shampoo.

via amazon.ca


This fall I bought Hard Candy's Baked Eye Shadow Quad in Pink Interlude. I needed some shimmery, natural colours for everyday wear and this quad is perfect. It's awesome for highlighting the corner of your eyes or the brow bone as well as creating light and natural smokey eyes.


I have also fallen in love with dark lip colours for the colder months of the year. I am quite fair though, so I can't go with too deep of a colour. I try to stay towards the light maroons, reds and bright pinks. I've been using New York Color's City 2-in-1 Lip Color in Cherry Blossoms #422 and Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipstick Creme in Certainly Red #740.

For fashion, I'm really into the trendy Peter Pan collars. I have yet to buy any, which makes me very sad, but I am looking forward to the day I find one I really like. I've also found an amazing discovery: skirts and dresses with tights and boots are surprisingly very warm for the winter months.

I wish you guys all a Happy New Year and hope that 2013 was filled with lots of pretty things, amazing beauty and fashion discoveries and a bit of sparkle and that 2014 will be just as fulfilling with pretty, cute and sparkly things. Cheers!

1 comments:

  1. I love the Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder, it's the only powder that's ever given me the promised results.

    http://loriscreativity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Pages

Powered by Blogger.