Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer Review

When I first bought Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer I was quite excited about it as one is when they buy something new. The first time I used it I was really quite impressed with it. The combination of the concealer and Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream really brightened up my skin. And they still do. But I have discovered a few flaws about it since then.


Seeing as it is called "Wake Me Up" and claims to give an anti-fatigue effect and instant glow  one would assume that this would be fabulous to put under your eyes. Wrong. At first it looks fantastic, but give it a few hours and it has seeped into every little wrinkle and crevice under your eye. I'm still teenager and didn't even know I had wrinkles under my eyes until this concealer pointed it out to me. (Thanks a lot!) I blame this on the fact that it is quite a heavy concealer.



The fact that it is heavy means it's pretty good at concealing the rest of my blemishes, but that's really all it is good for.

Really the eye thing is my only complaint except for the packaging. Which isn't terrible but could be a little nicer, I think.



Overall this is an alright concealer. Which is unfortunate as a lot of people raved about this but it's really nothing to write home about. It's on the heavier side which makes it crummy for concealing dark circles but is decent for covering up blemishes, spots, etc. It does brighten my face, which is fine. The packaging is alright and the price is quite reasonable and comes in around $6 or $7. If you want a concealer for blemishes, buy it, it's fine. If you want it to make your eyes look less tired, don't bother.

Have you tried this concealer? If so, how did you find it? I'd love to hear in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Powered by Blogger.