Products Then & Now and First Year Anniversary of Amateur Aglow

A year ago today I published my first post on Amateur Aglow. In celebration of it I have decided to compare how I feel about products I loved when I first started writing here and when I wrote my first favourites post in September.

 
Hard Candy Baked Eyeshadow Quad in Pink Interlude
I loved this product dearly in the fall. To be fair this is a decent product. They are nice colours for everyday and it was a great starter quad for me. But they have little pigmentation and really aren't the greatest eyeshadows.

Covergirl Professional Mascara
I still like this product a lot. For $5 it's a really decent mascara. But it's nothing special. Covergirl has come out with better mascaras. But for the price it is a really good mascara.



Covergirl Clean Whipped Creme Foundation
I really liked this product in the summer and fall as it was cheap, quick and easy to use. It gave good coverage. My complaints are that you had no choice but to use your hands which made it easy to apply as a concealer but terrible to apply with a sponge or brush to get a full face of coverage. Also I've noticed that my skin has gotten much more oily since about February (I don't know whether it's hormones or the weather getting warmer) but it's too heavy and makes me too greasy after a long day that I really can't wear it much anymore.

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
I discovered this last fall before I knew it was a beauty cult favourite and fell in love with it. I use this everyday. Even when I am at home with no makeup on I put this on to help control the oils on my face throughout the day. I've gone through like three of these since the fall and just absolutely love it. I really can't say enough good things about it.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Certainly Red 
This is such a perfect red lipstick. I love it in the colder months. What I really like is though it's a bright red, it's easy to wear in the daytime if you put just a bit on and rub into my lips which produces a lovely rosy shade.


St. Ives Green Tea Cleanser
I love this stuff. It is by far my favourite cleanser I've ever tried. It cleans really well but is still gentle, it takes off makeup really well and lathers up beautifully. As well, it's like $4.

I would also like to say that I have been so impressed with the blogging community in which I have joined in the last year and have had exceptionally lovely dealings with #2014BloggerChallenge girls. Thank you to all of you for allowing me to have a place to write that is completely my own. I really have enjoyed this first year of blogging and hope to continue blogging and enjoying it.

What beauty products did you used to love and now have different feelings about? I would love to hear in the comments!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Powered by Blogger.