California Chicken Salad

Hello all! I am very sorry I haven't posted at all this week as I have been extremely busy finishing up the last bits and bobs of the school year. But now it's summer and time for another Blogger 2014 Challenge.

This week's 2014 Blogger Challenge topic is meals. As I have more time over the summer I tend to cook a lot more for myself as I love cooking and experimenting in the kitchen when I have the time.

One experiment I tried a few months ago was this California Chicken Salad. It's super easy, healthy and affordable. My inspiration for it was this video but it is not exactly the same recipe.


Ingredients:
Greens or spinach
1 can of mandarins in their own juice (save the juice for a yummy dressing)
1 avacado, diced
olive oil
fresh squeezed lemon juice
salt and pepper
1 skinless, boneless chicken breast, chopped in bite size pieces
rosemary and italian seasoning or whatever seasonings you prefer
1 clove of garlic, minced

Instructions:

1. Heat a skillet on medium heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and clove of garlic. When heated add chicken. Squeeze lemon juice over top of chicken and add seasonings.

2. While chicken is cooking and sizzling away happily. Rinse greens off. Put greens into large bowl and add avacado and mandarins.

3. If chicken is fully cooked, take it off heat to cool.

4. While the chicken is cooling off, mix a few tablespoons of oil with the leftover juice from the mandarins. Mix with seasonings, salt and pepper. Set aside.

5. Add chicken to salad. Stir up dressing. Pour dressing around the outer part of the bowl (this keeps greens from getting soggy quickly) and toss. Enjoy!


I had perogies with it...mmmm..

There are lots of variations to this type of salad. You can add pomegranate seeds, feta cheese, almonds, berries or even dress it up with a raspberry vinaigrette.

Over the summer I'm gonna try to do more food posts as they're some of my favourites to write, so stay tuned for that. I hope you all have had a fantastic start to your summer and are having a lovely day. Adios!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Powered by Blogger.