How I Deal With My Wavy Hair: 2014 Blogger Challenge

I was planning on doing this post at some point anyway but then I got an email saying the next topic for the #2014BloggerChallenge is hair.

I love my wavy hair, but it's definitely taken me a long time to figure out what works for it and what doesn't. I feel that wavy girls are always often overlooked. All hair products are made for either creating waves, straight haired or curly haired girls. Also, this time of year is perfect for waves. (Hello Beach!)

Products: 

Garnier Curls &Shine Leave-in Treatment. I have honestly used this products ever since I started actually started styling my hair when I was like twelve. It is essentially a leave-in conditioner that is just so wonderful for any type of dry or damaged hair.

Garnier Fructis Style Curl Sculpting Cream Gel. This stuff is a miracle. I run it through my hair when ever I let my hair air dry, which is almost all the time, especially now that it's starting to get warm out. It leaves my hair soft and perfectly defines my waves.


Herbal Essences Body Envy Shampoo. My hair naturally has a lot of natural volume but this product is still a really good for my hair. It leaves it really nice and clean and fresh feeling but doesn't strip my hair or make it dry. It makes it soft and smell good.

via amazon.ca
Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray. I currently do not own this product but I really liked it. This would also be good for texturizing straight hair. I really liked it in the summer and I would add lemon juice to it to help lighten up my blond strands. It helped define by waves. I also would use it when ever I put my hair in braids. I would spray it on before I braided it and then use it as hairspray to secure the final product.

How I Style It:
Usually I let my hair air dry, especially this time of year. If you have wavy hair, instead of fighting with it, just define it with curl cream or mousse or texturizing spray and let it do its thang.

I find braiding my hair when its wet just makes it go crazy. But I find braiding dry hair before I go to bed helps revive my waves the next day.

I like putting it into twists before I go to bed. You wake up with really piece-y waves. Remember: tighter the waves, tighter the waves/curls you get.
 

I hope this helped make your uncontrollable hair better and taught you how to have fun with waves, whether you have them or not this beach season.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Powered by Blogger.