How To Chill And Not Worry

When I was younger I worried about very little. But in the last year and half I have definitely become more of a worry-wart and anxiety ridden person. It can be really hard to deal with. Last year I learned to control my anxieties about school. In the past few months, relationships in my life have changed, for the better for the most part, but under circumstances that are not what I'm normally used to. I have had to realize that overthinking, being clingy and not being chill is not only hurting me, but also those around me. This is what I'm currently learning and what I have learned:



1. Don't have unrealistic expectations of yourself or others. Realize what things are for what they truly are, not what you want them to be. Don't let the dreamer in you get too carried away. There's nothing wrong with being optimistic, just make sure it's realistic.

2. Don't sweat the small stuff. Will this matter in ten, twenty, eighty years? Probably not. He didn't text you back right away? He probably still likes you and thinks highly of you and is probably just busy. You get a not so great grade on a test? It's probably not going to affect your grade that much and you'll study harder for the next one.

3. Look at the bright side. Are you still happy? Is it still a decent mark when you put it into perspective?

4. Accept that nothing will be perfect, go exactly as planned, or how you imagined it would.

5. Use outlets for your emotions. If you love to reflect and overthink, but also kind of hate it, use outlets for your emotions. For me, I love to talk and rant and write. My two best friends literally only hear about the bad things and problems in my life. How they're still my friends, I do not know. I also like to write. Which is why I'm writing this post

6. Don't assume the worst. Be realistic, realize the truth, but don't assume the worst.

7. Distract yourself. When I find myself getting anxious about something I absorb myself in a TV Show or book or have fun with friends. Unplugging is the best way to chill.

I hope these little tips and tricks can help you feel a bit more chilled out and I hope that I can practice what I preach a little more. Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Powered by Blogger.